What You Need To Know About The Tempur-Ergo Power Base
Tempur-Pedic is a well-known American brand that has leveraged technology to bring their customers adjustable bed frames that provide a customized sleeping experience.
This means that individuals struggling with medical problems such as sleep apnea, arthritis, or acid reflux can finally find some relief. And even if you don’t have a medical condition, you’ll still benefit greatly from different settings that create a level of comfort you’ve likely never experienced.
That’s why we’ve done our research to bring you everything you need to know about the Tempur-Pedic power bed that has people talking. Armed with all the information you need, you’ll be able to decide how to guarantee better sleep and improved health.
In this article, we will cover the following:
- What Is the Tempur-Ergo Power Base?
- What Are the Key Benefits to the Tempur-Ergo Power Base?
- Is The Tempur-Ergo Power Base Right for You?
- Final Considerations That Could Make a Difference
What Is the Tempur-Ergo Power Base?
The Tempur-Ergo Power Bed Frame is an adjustable base that provides you with a wide range of sleeping options that cater to your individual needs.
This makes it ideal for anyone who struggles to sleep, whether it’s due to health conditions or simply as a result of stress.
Tempur-Pedic has crafted two distinct models that fall within their Power Base range:
- The Tempur Ease Power Base
- The Temper-Ergo Power Base
The Tempur-Ergo Power Base is their premium model, while the Tempur Ease Power Base is their basic model, which doesn’t provide as many sleep options but remains effective. Today we will focus our attention on the Tempur-Ergo Power Base.
Let’s dive into the details of this model, so you know exactly what you’re investing in.
What Are the Key Benefits of the Tempur-Ergo Power Base?
This model comes with a host of settings that will have you looking forward to getting into bed rather than dreading that you won’t sleep…again! Here are the core features you have to look forward to.
- Head & Foot Elevation – You can lower or raise the foot and head of the bed to suit your comfort level. The head can be raised to 60 degrees while the foot can be raised to 50 degrees. This allows you to receive support no matter what position you lie in or sit in.
- Zero Gravity Setting – This setting raises the foot and head of the bed simultaneously to take pressure off your joints and create a feeling of weightlessness. This helps with back ache and other aches or pains.
- Wireless Remote – The wireless remote control enables you to make adjustments with the click of a button without having to get up.
- Anti-snore Mode – While most people think that snoring is only a problem for those in the vicinity of the snorer…think again! Snoring disrupts the person’s sleep cycle as well, preventing quality rest. But this setting elevates the head of the bed, tilting the sleeper at the exact angle that prevents snoring.
- LED Underbed Lighting – There’s no avoiding nature’s call, so if you or your partner get up often to go to the bathroom, you need a way of getting there that doesn’t disturb others. With subtle LED lighting that comes from under the bed, you can see where you’re going and your partner will not wake.
- Massage Mode – When a day at the office or the everyday stressors of life get the best of you, simply enjoy a massage in bed. The Tempur-Ergo Power Base has a 2-zone massage feature at the head and foot of the bed that provides a massage at three different intensity levels – high, medium, and low. This way, you can enter a relaxed state that will let you drift into a deep sleep.
- Device Charger – With two USB ports on either side of the bed, you can easily charge your devices. This means you don’t need to leave the comfort of your bed if you quickly need to check something on a drained device. The ports are discreetly positioned and within arm’s reach.
These benefits all contribute to creating a sleeping environment that greatly improves your chances of getting quality sleep.
Is The Tempur-Ergo Power Base Model Right for You?
We understand that this is a significant investment, so we want to equip you with all the information you need to feel confident in your decision. The price will naturally be an important consideration, but you ultimately need to decide whether the added value of the Tempur-Ergo Power Base is worth it for you. Let’s turn to what could tip the scales.
- Aesthetics: If you have a specific look and feel you’d like to maintain in your bedroom, you can place the model in a bed frame you find aesthetically pleasing. The only caveat is that it must be strong enough to accommodate the base and mattress.
- Health Issues: All the models offer adjustable sleeping positions for easing aches and pains. However, the Ergo model is preferable to treat snoring or reduce stress levels because it has a QuietMode that tilts the head at the right angle to prevent snoring. It also has a massage setting that alleviates tension.
- Ease of Use: The wireless remote control comes with all models, making it easier to adjust positions. It can also be used to set the anti-snore mode, activate the underbed lighting, and switch on the 2-zone massage feature.
- Customized Comfort: All the models offer exceptional comfort, but the Ergo model offers more settings, such as the QuietMode and massage setting, to treat a wider variety of stressors.
- Ease of Assembly: All the models come with easy-to-follow assembling instructions. Tempur-Pedic has made an effort to provide clear step-by-step guidelines and images so you can install your model in no time.
- Practicality: While all the models make it possible for you to sit up in bed while watching TV, reading, or working, you get additional convenience with the Ergo model as you can charge your devices and use the LED lighting to move around at night.
Based on these considerations, we would recommend the Tempur-Ergo Power Base if you struggle with more serious sleeping problems such as snoring or intense pain.
Final Considerations That Could Make a Difference
Another crucial question that’s often asked is whether you need a Tempur-Pedic mattress if you buy a Tempur-Pedic base. You’ll be happy to find out that the answer is ‘no’. You can use any adjustable bed mattress with these models.
However, if you want to get the full benefit of having a Power Base, a Tempur-Pedic mattress is preferable as they are specifically designed to work in tandem with the base. They fit perfectly and are made of Tempur Material – a memory foam originally created by NASA that provides seamless support no matter which position you lie in. Using other mattress brands may decrease the performance of your Power Base model.
You must also be wondering what sizes the Tempur-Ergo Power Base comes in. After all, you can’t get a fancy base that doesn’t fit in your bedroom. So, what are the options?
|37.5” x 73.5”
|95.25cm x 186.69cm
|37.5” x 79.5”
|95.25cm x 201.93cm
|53.5” x 73.5”
|135.89cm x 186.69cm
|59.5” x 79.5”
|151.13cm x 201.93cm
|75.5” x 39.75” (in 2 pieces, horizontally split)
|191.77cm x 100.97cm
|71.5” x 41.75” (in 2 pieces, horizontally split)
|181.61cm x 106cm
|37.5” x 79.5” (in 2 pieces, vertically split)
|Split California King
|35.5” x 83.5” (in 2 pieces, vertically split)
|90.17cm x 212.1cm
The dimensions are smaller than the mattresses so you can align the Tempur-Pedic adjustable bed with your current bedroom décor. You also get a 25-Year Limited Warranty to give you peace of mind regarding the quality of your purchase.
Now it’s time for you to decide whether the Tempur-Ergo Power Base matches your needs and sleeping challenges. Given the world’s current state, we suggest choosing the model that reduces your stress levels the most.
Go to mycosybed.com for advice and guidance on the best sleeping brands and products out there.